Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 9th

Today started with me going with the undergrad students to Java's. The undergrads go there every day to discuss their projects, and how far along they are with them. Since I hadn't done anything with my project at that point, I mostly just listened to what the students were working on, but it was interesting all the same. After that, I got a book on Java from one of the students, and spent most of the rest of the day teaching myself Java with that and online resources, and made a good bit of progress

At the end of every day, for the Insight Lab, there is a "daily wrap-up", for which the entirety of the researchers for the Insight Lab meet in a room and take turns saying what they did today, and then got two questions from the other researchers about their work. The Insight Lab is apparently really big on involving all of the researchers in all of the research, which is really cool.

Hopefully I will get a computer tomorrow, so I can actually start working on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment