Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 16th

Today was interesting - even though I spent the entire first half of the day getting nothing done because I was trying to tackle something way over my head, making what I was doing much harder than it needed to be (I was essentially trying to learn way too much about how XML works with Java, when all I really needed to know, as it turned out, was how XML is formatted, which is easy. I had actually learned that withing five minutes of looking up "XML").

However, at lunch I realized how much I was over-complicating things, and after that I was able to move a lot faster after that. By the end of the day I had the whole command-line program almost finished. I plan to get entirely done tomorrow by lunchtime, and after lunch I will talk with Vlad about how to convert the program into something called the "Model-View-Controller" paradigm (from there I will be able to change it from a command line interface to a graphical user interface, so it looks nicer).

No comments:

Post a Comment