Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 15th

I was rather productive today; at the beginning of the day, I jumped right in to working on the command line program I have to write - I made the decision to just skip/skim over the rest of the tutorial material, or at least save reading it for later, because I had simply reached a point at which I wasn't absorbing any information, and just started working in Java for myself instead of reading about it. I wasn't sure how much I would be able to do, but so far I have been able to keep working relatively continuously, without having to stop to go back to the tutorials too frequently. By the end of the day I had done almost everything I could have...tomorrow I have to learn how XML works, and how to make Java manipulate XML documents, which is sure to be more reading, but at least I had a nice break of actual productivity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment