Friday, July 12, 2013

July 11th

I spent the majority of the day today doing nothing but reading through the online tutorial for Java...it's helpful and I've learned quite a bit so far, but I have to say, it got really boring really quickly. Reading text on one subject for ~6 hours is not fun. There were some exercises with which I did actually write a little bit of code, but for the most part, it was just reading. The worst part was that I already knew a good portion of what I was reading, because it was just going over the very basics of Java, but I couldn't skip anything, because there was stuff I didn't know scattered throughout the whole thing. I can't wait until I'm good enough to actually begin working on the project.

Apart from this, the only thing I did yesterday was go to a presentation on electron microscopes, which was part of a undergraduate seminar series which occurs every Thursday. It was a relatively interesting presentation, and was a nice relief from the reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment