Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 8th

Today was the first day of the internship. I spent the first part of the day getting to know the other interns and the different people involved with the internship program: after the 8:45 meeting, the interns broke into groups and did a scavenger hunt around campus, which was a great way to get to know the other members of my group. At noon we met back in the CIS building and compiled videos of our scavenger hunts, which we shared with all the interns, while eating free pizza (always fun). After the videos were presented, we all got to go to our different labs - the two other interns working in the Insight Lab (Sara and Ian) and I met Dr. Noel-Storr, who showed us around the different Insight Lab rooms, and I got my assignment for what I would be doing this summer: learning Java so that I can create a user interface one of the Insight Lab projects. Ian, Sara, and I then met the undergrads working in the Insight Lab this summer, and we spent the rest of the day learning more about the different projects the Lab is currently working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment