Monday, July 15, 2013

July 12th

Today was the first intern barbecue - every Friday this summer there will be a grill outside CIS for us to use, so we interns will bring in something to share each week. Today there was plenty of food, and a volleyball net set up, so it was lots of fun. It was a nice way to end the week.

Beyond that, I made some good progress with Java. I read through a ton of tutorial material throughout the day (loads of fun, of course), but by the end of the day I had finished my first "assignment" from Vlad of writing a simple command-line program, and now I can at least move on a little from the "teaching myself" part of this...I have a good enough understanding of Java to be able to work with it, I think. I do, however, need to learn about the Votech technology that I have to make my program interact with, so Vlad gave me more reading to do...but hopefully I will be able to get through that early next week, so I can really get started on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment